Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reflections on Father's Day

We had a wonderful Father's Day.  Lunch was amazingly fabulous. We went to a cajun seafood place and enjoyed lots of seafood. The Dancing Queen tried it all (except alligator). She is now a lover of scallops and crab cakes.  If those aren't available, she'll settle for shrimp. We calculated that she ate 2 ounces of fried fish, 1/2 a sea scallop, one bite of shrimp, and 1/2 a large crab cake. The latter was totally her favorite. She kept asking for more. It was so exciting to see my trouble eater eating so well!

We went back to my parents' house and all of us napped. After nap, we went for ice cream before heading home. Then we hit the park. The kids had so much fun with it all. It was such a nice day. I think a smile was permanently glued to my face today. Now that I'm thinking about it, the main reason for the smile was my sweet husband.

The Mad Scientist is one of the greatest dads ever. Today, he showed it. The Dancing Queen was testing him at every step. She wouldn't let him do anything for her. She was screaming when he'd come near, but my sweet husband kept his cool, he enjoyed his father's day. My favorite moment of the entire day was watching him read the kids "Guess How Much I Love You" at bed time. It was Daddy's choice because it was Father's Day and I knew my husband would never make it through without choking up. I was right. That is one of the reasons I love him more now than when I married him. He loves his babies more than anything and he appreciates them.  Since I know that he will read this, I just want to say "I love you, honey. Thanks for the best Father's Day ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...