Sunday, October 23, 2011

22 Things

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, A Belle, A Bean, and A Chicago Dog, and she was participating in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. I had to copy because I loved the post so much.

Without further ado, I am almost 35 years old and I have never:

1.  Run for public office;
2.  Been to Europe;
3.  Ridden a motorcycle;
4.  Taken/smoked illegal drugs;
5.  Stayed awake for the entire length of "The Terminator";
6.  Visited a strip club;
7.  Skydived;
8.  Landed my own paying client;
9.  Swam with dolphins;
10.  Scubadived;
11.  Been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States;
12.  Vacationed at the Grand Canyon;
13.  Watched a show on Broadway;
14.  Tipped a cow;
15.  Witnessed a drag race;
16.  Liked coconut;
17.  Walked on stilts;
18.  Surfed;
19.  Given birth naturally;
20.  Argued an appellate motion;
21. Forgotten how it feels to have a newborn fall asleep in my arms; and
22.  Given up searching for help for my daughter.


Prompt 1.

2 comments:

  1. I've done a few of the things you listed... but I'm not telling which ones!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to do #13 for the first time this year, but it looks like I'll be lucky to catch an off-Broadway production at our local arts place. Guess lists like these make us remember what we'd like to do and be grateful for what we've never done :-)

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...