Friday, October 28, 2011

My Kids

This morning, as we got ready for school, I asked TRex to put his library book some place safe so it was not lost. He chose to place it on the topmost shelf in my bedroom, where no other books sit, right next to a picture of me.  That made the Dancing Queen say "That is a picture of you, Mommy."

I responded "Yes, it was taken on the trip your daddy and I took to Chicago just before we got married.  And the poem on the picture was written by your daddy to me as a gift on our wedding day."

TRex and DQ then decided I had to read the poem because they didn't think it was possible that their daddy had written a poem. (Little do they know that before the Mad Scientist became a YouTube Pooper, he wrote poetry all of the time; lovely, poignant, thoughtful poetry. But, I digress.)

So, I read the poem. And TRex asked "Mommy, why did you and Daddy get married?"

The Dancing Queen squealed with delight and shouted "So Mommy could be a princess! And daddy cried because he loved mommy so much."

Before I could respond, TRex gave her a very serious look and stated "No, mommy and daddy got married so they could have us."

How sweet are the pair of them!

3 comments:

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...