Saturday, January 28, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

This week has been a lot of the same. I have been working crazy hours and am so exhausted that even though I am in the midst of working on a brief right now, I have to stop and blog to get my mind focused again. (It might not make sense to you that I stop writing to write so I can focus on writing again, but it works for me!)

Weekly Hizentra infusion.
The week started out bad. DQ has had a cold and sinus infection for well over a week and woke us all up for at least an hour 4 out of 7 nights.  She finished her antibiotics on Thursday and by Friday afternoon, her ear drum exploded again.  So, we had 30 days of no infections following the start of Hizentra (immunoglobulin therapy) and she is still going to need multiple courses of antibiotics to kill the bugs. I'm so not happy about this. Grrr!

And to top it off, we learned that DQ won't tell us her ear hurts!  Seriously, her ear had exploded maybe an hour before, so I ask how her ear is doing. DQ's response: "My ear is good, Mommy." Really? How is that possible. You screamed in pain when I accidentally touched it a little while ago.  "Mommy, this ear is fine (pointing to the right ear). My other ear hurts."  Well, what ear did you think I was talking about!!!!!

DQ adores her big brother!
We did have some down right cute moments as well.  Thursday morning, when DQ and I dropped TRex off at latchkey, TRex's teacher was walking by.  She said good morning to DQ.  DQ hid behind me, poking her head out and smiling at TRex's teacher.  So the teacher (whom I think is the best) told DQ that DQ is the talk of the kindergarten class.  (In the past, I've had little girls from TRex's class run up to us and say "Hi, DQ!" They fawn over her. I think its cause she is so little. Like a live doll, really.)

I asked TRex why DQ is the talk of the kindergarten class.  His response was that he always says how he loves his sister so much.  How sweet is that!

(Much sweeter than Monday morning when TRex knocked me on my tucus in front of his school as he yelled and screamed at me because he didn't want to walk into school.)

I also started working with Icing Smiles on DQ's upcoming butterfly birthday cake. DQ and I have been working on her birthday party. She is so excited for butterflies (her favorite).  It is going to be bright pink (but not hot pink) and light purple.  DQ and I were looking at the Pinterest board I created for ideas for the party (have I mentioned that I love Pinterest).  Anywho, little girl decided I didn't have enough butterflies pinned, so as she went off to play with her brother, she instructed me to find more butterflies. When she returned and I hadn't pinned more butterflies she said I wasn't listening to her and I had to go to my room.  (Do you think she's heard that before!)  Little stinker, but cute nonetheless.  I'm so excited to start making this butterfly party a reality.  You should check our butterfly board.

 The video that started DQ's butterfly obsession! Playing it when DQ ordered me to my room, got me out of time out.

Finally, I have spent my spare time (whatever that means) making preparations for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.  It will be upon us before you know it.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of the work people have done.  If you want join in helping raise awareness of CHDs, one of the easiest ways to do so, is to follow the Faces of CHD Awareness Board on Pinterest and share the pins.
Fabulous cake the Editor made for DQ's mended heart party. It makes a great symbol for CHD Awareness Week.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at DQ and the "ear". Well, not at the fact that she has another infection but that she gave you information on the wrong ear. One of our sons was like that. It took a question asked in just the right way to get the right answer. I thought about going to law school or take a CIA course just to learn interrogation skills! This brings me to the fact that I've not congratulated you on your honor as a young attorney--so, congratulations. I think you are one amazing young woman!!

    Can't wait to see the butterfly cake. I agree with DQ that you need to pin more or go to your room--hopefully with a glass of wine and a good book.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking out your pins as soon as I make my blogging rounds ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...