Sunday, February 6, 2011

Confessions

I had started this post about confessions in my head earlier this week.  I figured if I was going to blog for myself, rather than just for the Dancing Queen, I should say some things that I hold back elsewhere.  I thought it would be liberating.  (I guess we will see!)  Fitting nicely with this post on confessions, I was awarded the Stylish Blogger Award from Mommy 2.0.  It is an honor to me that I have been noticed for my blogging (especially as a beginner).  Part of this award includes me divulging seven things about myself.  I already had the list started, so I decided I could come up with more.  With no further ado, here is my first list of confessions.

1.  Most of the time, I enjoy going to work.  I love having time to sit in an office by myself, reading and writing without children screeching at me.  I enjoy having adult conversations, not having to answer the same question over and over, and knowing that I can hold my head high as I walk down the hall (no need to constantly check for landmines, legos, or random game pieces laying on the floor).

2.  I regularly wake my children up at night while they are sleeping.  I don't do it purposefully, but I can't help but hug them before I go to bed at night.  I always think before I bend over that I should not do it because they'll wake up, but I do it anyway.  Luckily, they don't wake up too much--just enough to grump at me and roll over.

3.  I am an atheist.  I tend to keep this to myself because it is usually not well taken and tends to make people uncomfortable around me or they feel the need to save me. I have in fact been told that the Dancing Queen was born with a broken heart because I do not believe.  A family member thought God was teaching me to come to him by making me watch my innocent baby suffer and come close to death on several occasions. The surprise (to me included) is that nothing has pushed me stronger into my non-belief.  This is not something that I decided lightly or suddenly, so please don't try to save me.  I'm perfectly happy as I am. 

4.  I dislike cheesecake.  I know to many this is a catastrophe, but you should know that I have seen your shocked looks of horror on many prior occasions, so they no longer phase me.

5.  I have classic novels on my Kindle and have bought hard cover brainy books (they sit on my bookshelves or at least did before I ran out of space), but they remain unread.  I don't keep them for show, but I don't read them either.  I always intend to read them, but it just doesn't happen. Instead, I grab a girly book.  I LOVE chick lit!  Give me a light novel about a woman doing her thing, falling in love, falling out of love, what have you, and I am happy.

6.  I don't watch football.  I don't have the Superbowl on right now, which is how I am able to blog.  Frankly, I am okay with it.  I do know more about the game than my husband.  I would be surprised if the Mad Scientist knew how many points a touch down is worth.    (I asked. He didn't.)

7.  I don't cook.  It's not that I can't cook or that I don't like to cook.  It's just that I am rarely home at dinner time and when I do finally get home at night, I'm too exhausted.  Plus, I taught my husband to cook and he is far better at it than I am.  I let him take the lead and love it.  A goal the Mad Scientist and I share is to have the time and money for him to take a couple of culinary classes so he can really learn techniques.   We always joke that we are Wannabe Foodies, but we want to be Foodies.

At this point of the Stylish Blogger Award, I'm supposed to nominate others, but this is the hard part.  I read so many blogs.  I would love to nominate Mommy 2.0, who nominated me.  I find her posts remind me of me and it is nice to not feel alone.  However, I would not expect her to repeat the award process.  I also nominate Donkeys to College because that is just a funny read.  Finally, I will nominate Stefenie at When Life Hands You a Broken Heart.  Stef does so much for congenital heart awareness and is a great support for all of us heart moms.  I can't wait to read the interviews with heart moms and dads this week!

A final thank you to Mommy 2.0 for helping me further with my confessions and giving me this award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...