Saturday, February 5, 2011

Double Espresso Kinda Day

Today is going to be one of those mid-day MUST. HAVE. DOUBLE. ESPRESSO. kinda days.  I know it already and it is only 7:30 a.m.  Let's be clear, exhaustion is my normal state.  Coffee is my best friend. But, today, coffee will be more of a crutch--an evil, lovely crutch.


I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. "burning" to DVD a video I had created for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week (February 7 to 14).  1:00 a.m.!  UGH!  I stayed at work until 8:00 pm, then had to make several stops on the way home.  While I was driving home, my husband made the first attempts at burning the DVD.  Failure!  I bought new DVDs thinking that was the issue.  NOPE!  So, I uploaded the video in hopes that I could download it onto my laptop and a friend could download it and burn it to DVD.  Did you know you can't download videos that are on facebook?!?  I learned that around 11:00/11:30 p.m.!  The video as an MP4 was too big to email, so I cleaned off a thumb-drive, downloaded it and around midnight learned that my laptop has a DVD burner.  Who knew!  BUT, that burner wouldn't accept MP4 format, so I had to re-render the video in an avi file, making it almost 3 GB, which entailed downloading the video to the Mad Scientist's phone, transferring it to the laptop (after a good 15 minutes fighting with the home network not allowing the computers in the same room to talk to each other).  Finally, at 1:07 a.m., the DVD was burned!

Why would I waste my time regaling that oh so boring story?  Because, most days, that is my life.  A simple task takes H.O.U.R.S. and my kids don't even have to be involved.  Technology is out to get me as well.  Hence my addiction to coffee--plain, fresh ground, fabulous coffee.  I am drinking some right now.  Yum!  I am working a charity event tonight.  I'm so looking forward to it.  After all, it is the reason the DVD was needed in the first place.  But, in order to shine like the new penny I pretend to be, I will require a double shot of espresso, straight up, by 2:00.

1 comment:

  1. Love me my coffee, too!!
    PS You have an award waiting for you at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...