Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Glimpse

I have had many conversations with fellow heart moms regarding our husbands. It seems that many men internalize their feelings regarding their child's defects. There is no discussion of the what-ifs, the fears, the problem at hand. It can be very isolating. But, today, just now, I got a glimpse.

The Mad Scientist told me that he listened to this week's Moth podcast--it was the story of a man facing his two year old daughter's cancer and what it is like for a dad. The Mad Scientist explained that he related totally. I had to listen immediately. I have been wanting to know what goes on in my sweet husband's head for years now.

So, I listened. I cried.

I'm posting this now so maybe other heart mom's can listen and maybe get a glimpse. Please be warned, there is some extreme foul language, but it is more heart-wrenching than anything.

It is a glimpse.

Moth Podcast of Anthony Griffith's "Best of Times, Worst of Times"

2 comments:

  1. I am not a heart Mom, but I listened, and I wept and wept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chunky Mama,

    I'm glad that you listened. It so heart-wrenching, but good. You just never know what is truly going on with people. Their outsides say one thing and their insides are breaking. It can translate to all of us in some way.

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...