Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Totally Gross Confession

Confession time: I have a huge fear of water slides. A seriously huge fear.  I'm not afraid of the heights or possibly drowning or falling. The speed doesn't bother me, nor the bouncing around.

I am afraid that the seams between the plastic pieces are not good enough or part of the slide will come apart just a little so that as I am flying down the slide, part of my exposed body will get stuck and all of the skin will rip off. Yes, this is too much information. Yes, it is irrational. But, I just felt like sharing this with all of you when I saw this super freaky picture:  

Seriously, if the seams aren't super smooth on this or a portion busts, you're totally losing half of your leg. Freaks me out!

I know nothing like that would actually happen on the slide, but it's like I said: IRRATIONAL FEAR!

Do you have irrational fears?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm ... I never had that particular fear of water slides--I don't like the feeling I get when I go fast down anything steep (i.e., roller coasters), and most water slides fit in that category for me. Now I guess I have a new argument to use when friends try to get me to go down one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Having a child with a CHD is like being given an extra sense---the true ability to appreciate life. Each breath, each hug, each meal is a blessing when you've watched your child live off a ventilator, trapped in an ICU bed, being fed through a tube. Each minute is a miracle when you've watched your child almost die and come back to you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...